Do You Know Where Your Evacuspot Is?
In 2013, the City of New Orleans and evacuteer.org unveiled new artwork to mark the 17 designated City evacution pick-up points where citizens may go during a mandatory evacuation.
How Mandatory Evacuations Works
In the case of a Category 3 hurricane or higher, the City will call a mandatory evacuation. During a mandatory evacuation all citizens must leave the City of New Orleans until officials have designated the city safe for re-entry.
How To Leave Town
The City provides transportation assistance for Orleans Parish residents and/or tourists who cannot self-evacuate during a mandatory city-wide evacuation. Citizens who can leave town in their own transportation should leave as early as possible, and be aware that roads will change to contraflow, with all roads flowing out of town.
If you have medical or mobility needs and cannot get to your closest evacuspot, you must call 311
or go to ready.nola.gov to sign up for the Special Needs Registry.
Find Your Evacuspot
Citizens must go to one of 17 evacuspots, designated City evacuation pick-up points marked by evacuspot artwork. From their evacuspot, citizens will be transported to Union Pacific Terminal bus station, for outbound transportation to State and Federal shelters.
View Evacuspots in a larger map
- Arthur Mondy Cente - 1111 Newton Avenue, Algiers
- Kingsley House - 1600 Constance Street, Lower Garden District
- Central City Senior Center - 2101 Philip Street, Central City
- Mater Dolorosa - 1226 S. Carrollton Ave, Carrollton
- Smith Library Bus Stop 6300 Canal Blvd., Lakeview
- Palmer Park Bus Stop - S. Claiborne and S. Carrollton, West Carrollton
- McMain High School - 5712 S. Claiborne Ave, Broadmoor
- Lyons Community Center - 624 Louisiana Ave, Irish Channel
- Dryades YMCA Bus Stop - 1924 Philip Street, Central City
- Warren Easton High School Bus Stop - 3019 Canal Street, Mid-City
- Municipal Auditorium Bus Stop - 801 N. Rampart, Treme
- O. Perry Walker High School Bus Stop - 2832 General Meyer, Algiers
- Stallings Community Center Bus Stop - 4300 St. Claude, Bywater
- Sanchez Center Bus Stop Caffin & N. Claiborne, Lower 9th Ward
- Gentilly Mall Bus Stop - Chef Menteur & Press Dr., Gentilly
- NewOrleans EastRegional Library - Lake Forest & Read Blvd, NO East
- Mary Queen of Vietnam Bus Stop - 14001 Dwyer, New Orleans East