How can National Immunization Awareness Month make a difference?
We can all use this month to raise awareness about vaccines and share what we know
with our community.
Here are just a few ideas:
• Talk to friends and family members about how vaccines aren’t just for kids.
People of all ages can get shots to protect them from serious diseases.
• Encourage people in your community to get the flu shot every year.
• Invite a doctor or nurse to speak to parents about why it’s important for all kids to
get their shots.
How can I help spread the word?
We’ve made it easier for you to make a difference! This toolkit is full of ideas to help you
take action today. For example:
• Add information about immunizations to your newsletter.
• Tweet about National Immunization Awareness Month.
• Host a community event where families can get together and learn about